The Captain’s House Inn Accommodations
Our Cape Cod bed and breakfast accommodations are located in four distinct facilities: the Main House, an 1839 Greek-Revival style mansion; the attached Carriage House; the newly converted Stables; and the 200-year-old “bow roof cape” called the Captain’s Cottage. The guest rooms are named after the wife, daughters, and ships of the inn’s original owner, sea Captain Hiram Harding.
All guest rooms feature private bathrooms (some with whirlpool tubs), air conditioning, TV’s with DVD players, and fireplaces. Whether you select a standard queen room or one of our sumptuously appointed suites, you will find luxurious linens, designer bath amenities, and a complimentary welcome basket with snacks, bottled water, and plenty of special touches to make your stay as comfortable as possible. All guest rooms offer king or queen-size beds and antique furnishings, coupled with modern amenities like complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. Our helpful staff is always happy to guide you to the perfect accommodation to suit your needs.
Due to the historic nature of our building as described on our Accessibility Statement page, we are unable to provide fully accessible lodging. However, below is a list of the accessibility features we are able to offer. Please contact us directly for more information about accessibility.
Parking & Loading
- There is an adjacent aisle for loading and unloading and an aisle for unloading near front entrance that does not block traffic
- The parking area is a level surface (half of the driveway is pebbles and the other half leading to front entrance is brick pavers). There is covered parking.
- Three of our guest rooms have private entrances from the outside.
- Our Northern Light room has private entrance from outside with no steps to navigate
Building Entrances & Lobby
- Our main entrance has steps leading to the door.
- We have nine guest rooms on ground level, three of which have private entrances from the outside.
Interior Routes & Common Space
- Common spaces (i.e. dining room and library) are all on the first floor.
- We have nine guest rooms on the ground level, three of which have private entrances from the outside. The other rooms do not require guests to walk through a hallway.
- Our Northern Light guest room is our most accessible. Visit the Northern Light room description for accessibility details.
- We do not have drinking fountains, public telephones, or elevators.
- We have one common restroom facility on the ground floor of the main house.
- Our dining room is located on the first floor with a double door allowing for wheelchair access.