Oven Temperature 350°
Yield 10 – 12 scones
Cutter #3 Plain Circular Edge Cutter
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
3 Tbsp Sugar
½ Cup Butter
2 Large Eggs
1/8 Cup Heavy Cream
Ingredients – Egg Wash
A Little Heavy Cream
1. Sift the dry ingredients into the mixer and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add the eggs and then the cream a little at a time. Do not over moisten the dough.
3. Roll the dough LIGHTLY to a ¾” thickness and use a #3 plain circular edge cutter to shape the scones.
4. Place the scones on a greased cookie sheet and brush them lightly with egg wash (beat the two egg wash ingredients together).
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 350° until they have risen and are lightly browned.
Serve the scones with raspberry jam and freshly whipped cream. (decorate with sliced fresh strawberries if available)