Now that restaurants are starting to open for the season, we’re getting excited about going back to our old stand bys and indulging in some favorites we’ve been missing all winter. Add these seasonal treats to your upcoming Cape Cod getaway:
1. Crispy oysters with avocado and pickled banana peppers at the Cape Sea Grille in Harwich Port
2. Chocolate Addiction ice cream cone at Emack and Bolios in downtown Chatham
3. Enormous lobster roll at the Outer Bar and Grille at the Wequassett Inn
4. Sauteed calamari appetizer at Pisces of Chatham – cooked to perfection!
5. Fried anything at Arnold’s Clam Shack in Eastham
6. A heck of a good steak at Chatham’s old school steakhouse – Pates
7. Raw bar at the Port in Harwich Port – always a hopping scene
8. Chowdah at the Squire of Chatham (ok, it’s not seasonal, but it’s the best!)
9. Salt water taffy at Penny Candy in downtown Chatham
10. Black truffle Parmesan fries at Mooncussers Tavern in Harwich
All this, of course, after a decadent, gourmet breakfast here at the Captains House…but you’re on vacation – calories don’t count!