It’s the first day of fall! For me, one of the best things about these next couple months is Honey Crisp Apples. I love, love, love honey crisps and incorporate as many apples into my diet as possible this time of year. I’d like to share a staple Captain’s House Inn breakfast recipe that puts apples to good use…Apple Dollar Pancakes with Cinnamon Butter and Apple Cider Glaze. Whether you make your pancakes mini dollar size or giant flapjacks, this recipe is a great way to ring in a crisp, fall morning!
Apple Dollar Pancakes with Cinnamon Butter and Apple Cider Glaze
Click here for printable PDF of recipe.
|4||Tsp.||Fresh lemon juice|
|2||Tbsp.||Grated lemon peel|
|4||Medium||Granny smith apples, halved and cored|
|6||Tbsp.||Golden brown sugar|
|2 ¼||Cups||Whole milk|
|2||Cups||Salted butter, softened|
|2||Tsp.||Orange peel, grated|
Apple Cider Glaze
|4||Cups||Apple cider or juice|
|½||Cup||Salted butter, softened|
- Combine lemon juice and peel in a bowl. Coarsely grate apples into a bowl, tossing to coat with juice.
- Whisk flower, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in center of fry ingredients.
- Brush griddle with some of the remaining 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- For each pancake drop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto griddle, spacing pancakes apart. Cook until golden on bottom and bubbles start to form on the surface, 3 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook for a further 2 minutes until golden.
For Cinnamon Butter:
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar, cinnamon and orange peel in a small bowl until blended.
- Separate the mix into about 4-5 pieces and roll into logs. Wrap in saran and freeze until needed.
For Apple Cider Glaze:
Mix the cider, lemon juice, cinnamon, sugar and corn starch in a pot and whisk. Heat SLOWLY to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes until clear and translucent. Whisk in butter and keep warm until service.
Garnish plate with slivers of apple and sauce.