• Capris (for the ladies) are just about right this time of year. I’d also through in a pair of jeans and shorts and if you happen to have a pair of those handy khakis that have zip off bottoms to turn into shorts, you can save some space.
• Comfortable walking shoes. The Cape is a hiker, biker, and kayaker’s paradise, so bring some athletic sneakers and maybe a pair of flip flops for the beach or more casual strolls through town.
What not to pack:
Here at the Captains House Inn, we try to have a lot of amenities on hand to make your packing routine easier. So don’t bother with….
• Umbrellas – we have giant golf umbrellas in all closets in our guestrooms
• Beach Chairs
• Hair dryers
• Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion – we supply a full line of luxurious H2O amenities. Trust me, they’re fabulous and you won’t be longing for your usual brand once you try them. They are also a gender neutral fragrance so guys don’t have to worry about smelling like a rose all day.
• Toothpaste and make-up remover cloths
And you can even leave your guidebooks behind. We have plenty of information on activities in the area available in our concierge area and are always happy to help plan itineraries based on your interests, the weather, and our extensive knowledge of the area.
Also, remember that Cape Cod is fairly casual. There are no restaurants that require a jacket and only a few that don’t allow jeans. Even the dining establishments with the best food don’t require super dressy outfits. You can often get away with dressing up a pair of jeans so don’t worry about packing special occasion attire – unless, of course, you want to – anything goes!