Ingredients for Pancakes:
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
5 Tbsp Sugar
2 ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
¾ Tsp Baking Soda
¼ Tsp Salt
1 ½ Cups Buttermilk, well shaken
4 ½ Tbs Butter, melted
3 Large Eggs
1 ½ Tsp Vanilla
2 Banana, Large and ripe
¾ Cup Macadamia Nuts, roasted and chopped
Ingredients for Orange Butter:
½ stick Butter, Softened
½ Tsp Orange Zest, finely grated
1 Tsp Fresh Orange Juice
1/8 Tsp Salt
Ingredients for Praline Sauce:
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp Corn Syrup
4 Tbsp Butter
Ingredients for Tuille:
½ Pound Flour
½ Pound Confectionary Sugar
¾ Cup Egg Whites
1-2 Tbsp Milk
Method (for pancakes):
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, 2 Tbsp melted butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and whisk until combined. Cut banana into pieces and fold into the batter along with the nuts, (batter will be very thick).
2. Use the griddle and working in batches of 3, pour ¼ cup measure into the hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and undersides are golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
3. Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1-2 minutes more.
4. Serve with orange butter, praline sauce, powdered sugar, and mint.
Method (for orange butter):
1. Stir all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
2. Roll into a cylinder shape to be able to cut discs from to serve on top of the pancakes.
Method (for Praline sauce):
1. Boil first five ingredients for 8-12 minutes until sugars have dissolved, stirring with a rubber spatula.
2. Add butter
Method (for Tuille):
1. Sift flour and confectionary sugar into mixing bowl. Add egg whites and milk. Beat until smooth.
2. Pour batter into a squeeze bottle and pour into favorite shapes onto Silpat panliner.
3. Bake until brown. Remove and “bend” into shapes. Let cool and store in airtight container.
Putting it Together:
1. Make and store tuille.
2. Make praline sauce and store in double broiler.
3. Toast macadamia nuts and chop when cool.
1. Heat praline sauce in double broiler over water.
2. Make pancake batter and cook pancakes.
3. Pour praline sauce onto a warm plate and stack pancakes and a slice of orange butter in layers.
4. Drizzle top with more praline sauce and a dab of orange butter and sprinkle with toasted macadamia nuts.
5. Add tuille, mint, and sliced bananas. Dust with confectionary sugar and garnish with a strawberry fan.